[Bug/Possible Suggestion] Flight capacity limited message incorrectly configured
The limited capacity messages are not coming up dynamically, instead are being statically calculated in the backend upon route save and then showing up after that. In short, it might potentially create lots of issues and misleading information for players in the future, as "flight capacity being limited" messages pop up even when there isn't such a problem, or vice versa (message not showing up early on).
Steps to Reproduce
There are quite a number of ways this message can come up or not incorrectly, depending on the situation, which is a cause of problem. Will update this list as an when I get more ways of getting an incorrect message.
- Pick an aircraft without a configuration and create a route.
- Save the route.
- Select another aircraft when editing the route. "The flight capacity is limited to 0 passengers." will appear.
Note: This bug isn't consistently appearing even on my side, but I have seen it a few times and feel this could be investigated.
- Pick a smaller aircraft (eg. B737 or A320) and create a route with it.
- Save the route.
- Select another bigger aircraft when editing the route. This aircraft should have enough runway for both aircraft for this to make sense. "The flight capacity is limited to X passengers." will appear, where X is the number of seat slots that the smaller aircraft has.
- Pick an aircraft which could be selected, but range/runway length could cause issues with this aircraft flying this route. (For instance, a 737-700NG flying ARN-TSN; or a 787-9 flying CHG-DMK)
- No message warning about the limited capacity will show up until you save the route.
- Change the aircraft to an aircraft which fits the route in terms of runway, distance, passenger numbers, etc.
- The message about limited capacity remains until it is saved and you view the edited route again.
Note: Maybe this is working as intended. But it is something that could be looked into, maybe allowing the max passenger count to be dynamically calculated.